Looking for the ultimate history and culture holiday, combined with some beach and relaxing whilst riding fabulous horses throughout, then this trip is a dream come true!
Day 1: Arrival in Cairo
You’ll be met by your private driver inside the airport who will take you to your luxury accommodation overlooking the majestic pyramids.
Day 2: Enjoy a lie in followed by wonderful buffet breakfast before departure for riding
Pick up around 10 and we will make the short transfer to Giza pyramids for your first ride. This ride is exhilarating due to the scenery and the varied paces we can enjoy across the open desert. After our ride we will visit the Sphinx with a guide before visiting a local restaurant for lunch.
After lunch you’ll return to your hotel to shower and change before we transfer by road to Fayoum. The drive takes around 1.5 hours. Check in at your luxury accommodation and overnight.
Day 3: Half day ride and relax
The Magic Lake is an obscure but beautiful lake – it got its name because it changes its colours several times each day, depending on the time of day and amount of sunlight it receives. It is a brilliant place surrounded by desert where you can enjoy riding and racing through the open landscapes, and go swimming with the horses in the lake.
Overnight at your hotel.
Day 4: 6 hour trail ride & luxury glamping
You are in the perfect place to ride and explore the stunning desert and its rock formations. We will drive for around 20 minutes with the horses to start our trip in the heart of the national park! The scenery is picturesque and goes on as far as the eye can see, it’s THE place for riders to enjoy plenty of fun canters and gallops. This really is an epic day in the saddle.
Tonight you will dine under the stars and sleep in luxury tents or igloos.
Day 5: 4 x 4 Safari at Wadi El Hitan
Today we are going off-road by 4 x 4 safari to play on the sand dunes and visit Whale Valley, home to invaluable fossil remains of the earliest, and now extinct, suborder of whales, Archaeoceti. These fossils represent one of the major stories of evolution; the emergence of the whale as an ocean-going mammal from a previous life as a land-based animal, about 37 million years ago. This is the most important UNESCO site in the world for the demonstration of this stage of evolution.
Late afternoon we will drive by car back to Cairo. Overnight at your hotel Mena house for a cocktail and dinner.
Day 6: Relax, ride or museum visit
Enjoy a relaxing morning and breakfast. We have a couple of options before our flight to Luxor in the afternoon:
- For saddle junkies, another speedy spin around the pyramids.
- For history lovers a guided tour of Cairos new stunning museum and a chance to see the royal mummies up close and personal.
- For those who want to relax, enjoy the morning to yourself and some pool time.
Day 7: Luxor
Due to the popularity of Luxor we have created two experiences – those for returning guests who do not wish to sightsee again but would rather dedicate their time with us to being in the saddle, and those who are new to Luxor and wish to combine both riding and sightseeing into their stay.
- Option 1: Non-riding tour of The Valley of the Kings followed by lunch and an introductory ride.
- Alternatively – Option 2: Full day trail ride.
In the evening all guests will enjoy dinner and belly dancing lessons on the Nile.
Day 8: Luxor
- Option 1: Non-riding tour of Karnak Temple and Luxor Museum, followed by lunch and a sunset trail ride to the Colossi of Memnon and the desert of Mount Thebes.
- Alternatively – Option 2: Full day trail ride.
Dinner at our guest house.
Day 9: Sunrise Balloons & Check-Out
Our sunrise balloon trail is one of our most iconic trips and even if you have done it once you will relish the chance to do it again! We rise just before sunrise when it’s dark, saddle up and head to the desert to witness the kaleidoscope of colours across the horizon as the day breaks and the hot air balloons fly over the desert.
We will return to the guesthouse for breakfast and a couple of hours to relax before checking out at 11.30. Late checks out are available on request at a small extra charge.
Your package includes:
- Accommodation – a mix of luxury and authentic
- All meals, soft drinks and local beer
- All temple and museum entries included
- Personal meet & greet at the airport on arrival
- All transfers included
- Sunrise hot air ballon ride in Luxor included
- Domestic flights between cairo and Luxor (economy). Flight time 55 minutes.
Marriott Mena House, Cairo. Arrival Night
A frequent stop for dignitaries and celebrities, this 5-star hotel offers travellers a taste of modern luxury. Inside, relax in upscale hotel rooms with indulgent bedding, marble bathrooms and private balconies with fantastic views of the pool, gardens or the Pyramids. Take a dip in the outdoor pool, work out in the 24-hour gym, heal in the spa and indulge at the restaurants.
Four Seasons: Night 5
A name that needs no introduction! Your last night in Cairo is spent at this beautiful hotel famed worldwide for its unapologetic luxury and outstanding service.
Fayoum: 2 Nights
Authentic guest house in Tunis village. Stay with the local villagers in this gorgeous accommodation and experience life in Real Egypt.
Remal el Rayan: 1 Night
Indulge you’re self in this one of a kind glamping experience. Set in the heart of the desert the camp offers luxury accommodation and panoramic views of the national park.
Luxor Djoff Palace Luxury Room: 2 Nights
Set next to banana island on the West Bank of Luxor this 5 star hotel offers stunning Nile views, a swimming pool and onsite restaurant serving amazing Mediterranean cuisine.
Al Moudria: Last Night
Al Moudria. Grand all-suite hotel in an Arabic-style palace with 8-hectare gardens, a spa & fine dining. The hotel is surrounded by beautiful manicured gardens and a swimming pool. The Resturant menu is al La carte.
- Arrival and departure airport: Cairo for arrival and Luxor for departure
- Price & duration: £2,600 per person based on 2 sharing accommodation for 9 days / 8 nights.
- Single person supplement: £700 (limited availability).
- Paces: Varied. Riders should be fit and capable of longer hours in the saddle
- Equipment/Tack: English.
- Horses: Arabian and Balady, our local breed.
- Weight limit: 100kg unless pre-agreed with us.
- Airport transfers: on request at an extra charge
Our information page has more details on what is and isn’t included as well as useful general advice.