Looking for the ultimate history and culture holiday, combined with some beach and relaxing whilst riding fabulous horses throughout, then this trip is a dream come true!
Day 1: Arrival in Cairo
You’ll be met by your ‘meet and greet’ host who will help you with your bags and introduce you to your driver outside the airport terminal building. Overnight at your hotel.
Day 2: Rise and Shine!
Throw open those curtains! It’s truly a ‘pinch yourself moment’ as right outside your window is the most iconic landmark in Egypt, The Great Pyramids of Giza, there to welcome you on your first day of your trip of a lifetime. Next it’s time to pop down for a delicious, luxury buffet breakfast before heading off on the first ride.
Having talked so much about the Great Pyramids our first ride together could only be there! This ride is exhilarating due to the scenery, the forward-going horses and the amazing, once-in-a-lifetime photo opportunities! Ride time is approximately 2 hours.
After our ride we will visit the mythological and legendary Sphinx, estimated to be approximately 4500 years old – our Egyptology guide will share the secrets of the area with you. We stop off for some lunch at a local restaurant before heading back to the hotel to shower, relax and check out before we leave for our road transfer to Fayoum. The drive takes around 1.5 hours. Check in at our accommodation, dinner and overnight.
Day 3: Magic Lake Afternoon/Sunset Ride
Today you have a free morning to take a walk to the pottery school, dip in the pool or just relax. This morning is all yours to do as you wish.
The Magic Lake is an obscure but beautiful lake and the destination of today’s 3-4 hour riding trip. Interestingly it got its name because it changes its colours several times each day, depending on the time of day and amount of sunlight it receives, it’s like a natural kaleidoscope.
As a riding location it is beautiful! It is surrounded by desert where you can race your horses and climb sand dunes, you’ll love the way these sure-footed horses explore and enjoy the open landscapes. Relaxing trails and speedy gallops, this place has it all. Overnight at our accommodation.
Day 4: Full Day Riding to Wadi El Rayan National Park
Wadi El Rayan is one of Egypt’s most famous nature reserves and you are in the perfect place to ride and explore its breathtaking desert and rock formations. The scenery is picturesque and goes on as far as the eye can see, it’s THE place for riders to enjoy plenty of fun canters and gallops.
The day is around 6 hours in the saddle with various paces and includes lunch on the way. Dinner in the desert, for this evening there will be a choice to sleep in a private tent under the stars, or return to the lodge.
Day 5: 4 x 4 Safari
Today we are going off-road with a 4 x 4 safari to play on the sand dunes and visit Whale Valley, home to invaluable fossil remains of the earliest, and now extinct, suborder of whales. These fossils represent one of the major stories of evolution; the emergence of the whale as an ocean-going mammal from a previous life as a land-based animal, about 37 million years ago. This is the most important UNESCO site in the world for the demonstration of this stage of evolution. We will also visit Wadi El Rayan Waterfalls.
The waterfalls in Wadi El Rayan are a natural phenomenon and are considered to be the largest waterfalls in Egypt. Wadi El Rayan is distinguished by its springs in the middle of the desert and small cascades. During the day we will stop for lunch along the way. Sand-boarding at sunset ends our adventurous day before we hit the road again and drive back to Cairo. Overnight and dinner at Mena House in Cairo.
Day 6: Last Cairo Adventures
We have a handful of options before our flight to Luxor in the afternoon:
- For saddle junkies, ride beautiful horses at our Abu Sir stable, a location loved by riders due to the vast amounts of open space, perfect to enjoy the incredible speed of Arabian horses.
- For history lovers, a guided tour of Cairo’s new museum, The New Museum of Civilisation, where you’ll have a chance to see the royal mummies up close and personal.
- For those who want to relax, enjoy the morning to yourself and some pool time and enjoy hotel hotels luxury facilities.
Afternoon flight to Luxor. Flight time 45 minutes (flight included in the package).
Day 7: Luxor and The Land of the Pharaohs
Due to the popularity of Luxor we have created two experiences – those for returning guests who do not wish to sightsee again but would rather dedicate their time with us to being in the saddle, and those who are new to Luxor and wish to combine both riding and sightseeing into their stay.
- Option 1: Non-riding tour of The Valley of the Kings and the tomb of Tutankhamen followed by lunch and an introductory ride.
- Alternatively – Option 2: Full day trail ride with lunch.
In the evening all guests will enjoy dinner and belly dancing lessons at a local restaurant.
Day 8: Land of the Pharaohs Continued
- Option 1: Non-riding tour of Karnak Temple and Luxor Museum, followed by lunch and a sunset trail ride to the Colossi of Memnon and the desert of Mount Thebes.
- Alternatively – Option 2: Full day trail ride.
Short transfer to Al Moudria, a palace in the desert which is now a hotel is our grand finale in accommodation. Dinner and overnight.
Day 9: Hot Air Balloons & Check-Out
Sail high over the famous monuments of Luxor on a sunrise hot air balloon ride. You’ll get unmatched aerial views and photo ops as your private guide provides insightful narrative.
You will return to your hotel for breakfast around 9am, having a few hours to relax and enjoy the facilities and pool before checking out at 12.00. Late checks out are available on request at an extra charge (payable locally).
Your package includes:
- Accommodation as listed
- All meals with soft drinks
- All temple and museum entries
- Personal ‘meet and greet’ at the airport on arrival
- All transfers
- Sunrise hot air balloon ride in Luxor
- Domestic flights between Cairo and Luxor (economy). Flight time approximately 55 minutes
- International flights
- Travel insurance
- Alcohol in the hotels
Cairo – Steigenberger Cairo Pyramids (1 night)
Bringing glamorous ancient history to your doorstep! Indulge in an experience that brings together both authenticity and modernity. Perfectly located a few minutes away from the Great Pyramids of Giza, the hotel offers incredible views and excellent bar, dining and pool facilities.
Room type: Deluxe pyramids view with a private balcony or terrace.
Fayoum – Tzila Private Lodge (2 or 3 Nights)
Tzila Lodge is the second oldest building in Tunis Village, now beautifully renovated. Its architectural structure is designed to follow the ancestral Fayoum method of dome construction whilst meeting the requirements of modern day life, thus adding a spice of culture to your stay.
Room type: Eight unique rooms, each designed and beautifully furnished with the element of ancient motifs and traditional techniques reflecting Egypt’s wealth of inspirational culture and heritage. Domes, arches, thick walls, and absence of cement keep the rooms cool during the summer and warm during the cold winters. The rooms’ layout are spread out in an Omda style house.
Tzaila Camp 1 night optional
Our tents offer a cozy glamping ambiance for those seeking a comfortable desert experience. Each tent provides you with a spacious feel,you’ll have your own seating lounge within your sleeping quarters Designed with maximum flexibility and comfort, each tent is beautifully furnished using simple tools to provide you “homey” feeling.
Marriott Mena House 1 night
Get the celebrity treatment with world-class service at Marriott Mena House, Cairo Overlooking the Great Pyramids of Giza, Marriott Mena House, Cairo is surrounded by 40 acres of green gardens and has a spa, fitness centre and a pool. The rooms are decorated with handcrafted furniture. Dining choices range from Italian specialties at Alfredo Restaurant, while Daily Buffet Breakfast and unforgettable vistas with its cocktails served at 139 Pavilion.
Room Type: Deluxe Garden View
Luxor – Djoff Palace (2 Nights)
Set next to Banana Island on the West Bank of Luxor, this 5-star luxury nubian style hotels offers stunning rooms with Nile views, a swimming pool and an onsite restaurant serving amazing Mediterranean cuisine.
Room type: Room Type: Deluxe
Al Moudria – Palace in the Desert (1 Night)
Al Moudria is a grand, all-suite hotel in an Arabic-style palace with 8-hectare gardens, a spa and fine dining. The hotel is surrounded by beautifully manicured gardens and a swimming pool. The restaurant menu is ‘a la carte’.
Room Type: Deluxe
- Arrival and departure airport: Cairo for arrival and Luxor for departure.
- Price & duration: £3,800 per person based on 2 sharing accommodation for 9 days / 8 nights.
- Single person supplement: £700 (limited availability).
- Paces: Varied. Riders should be fit and be able to canter on a well trained horse on open ground without assistance.
- Equipment/Tack: English. You must be able to ride in an English saddle.
- Horses: Arabian and Balady, our local breed.
- Weight limit: 100kg unless pre-agreed with us.
- All meals and soft drinks are included throughout the trip (hotel or on location).
- Main language: English. Guests are required to have a good knowledge of the English language and to be able to communicate with us easily. This is a firm and non-negotiable requirement.
- Alcoholic, beer and wine inclusive on local trip lunches and dinners outside hotels.
- Tips approx. 200 USD recommended
- Spa Treatments
- Alcohol inside the hotels
Our information page has more details on what is and isn’t included as well as useful general advice.